Smithville School District is closely monitoring all of the pertinent information about the spread of the Coronavirus, both globally and locally. We are proactively working with local health agencies and are deploying our action plan as applicable.
- Communication from SSD
Access to Technology/Chromebooks -Technology Request Form
- SSD School Meal Delivery and Other Needs Survey
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) activated a statewide public hotline for citizens or providers needing guidance regarding the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. The hotline can be reached at 877-435-8411 and is being operated by medical professionals. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The American Public Health Association is also offering helpful information: COVID-19 page on apha.org.
The SAMSHA Fact Sheet (English and Spanish): Talking with Children – Tips for Parents and Teachers During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
Links to Additional Resources:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Additional resources are also available such as what schools should know about coronavirus
- Department of Mental Health Information: The Missouri Department of Mental Health Disaster Services has articles and resources for managing the stress and anxiety caused by COVID-19.
- Employee Rights: Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act