Smithville School District utilizes TalentEd Recruit & Hire, an online application tool. Since applications are paperless, we will no longer be accepting applications, resumes, cover letters, etc. through mail or email.
The Application Process
- To apply, applicants will create an account with TalentEd Recurit & Hire. Applicants must upload a cover letter and a resume. Additionally, applicants can upload reference letters, transcripts, and other supporting documentation. To get started, view Current Openings.
- A building level administrator will contact selected applicants to schedule a screening interview. Candidates are chosen for screening interviews by building level administrators.
- Candidates will be selected and scheduled for finalist interviews. Candidates are chosen for finalist interviews by building level administrators.
- A building level administrator will make a verbal offer to selected candidates.
- The Director of Human Resources contacts selected candidates to schedule an appointment to meet with the Superintendent.
- On the third Wednesday of each month, recommendations to hire selected candidates are placed before the Board of Education for final approval.
- On the evening of the Board of Education meeting, selected candidates will be contacted by telephone and informed of the action taken by the Board of Education.
- If selected candidates are approved as a new hires, contracts will be issued.
If you have any questions about the application process, you may contact us at 816-532-0406.