Smithville School District utilizes TalentEd Recruit & Hire, an online application tool. Since applications are paperless, we will no longer be accepting applications, resumes, cover letters, etc. through mail or email.
The Application Process
- To apply, applicants will create an account with TalentEd Recruit & Hire. Applicants must upload a cover letter and a resume. Additionally, applicants can upload reference letters, transcripts, and other supporting documentation. To get started, view Current Openings.
- Candidates chosen for screening interviews will receive a one-way video interview invite from Spark Hire or will receive an electronic interview invite.
- Candidates will be selected and scheduled for finalist interviews. Candidates are chosen for finalist interviews by hiring managers.
- Hiring managers will make a verbal offer to selected candidates.
- The Director of Human Resources contacts selected candidates to discuss the terms of employment (including salary and benefits).
- On the third Wednesday of each month, recommendations to hire selected candidates are placed before the Board of Education for final approval.
- If selected candidates are approved as new hires, contracts and at-will letters will be issued the day following the Board meeting.
If you have any questions about the application process, you may contact us at 816-532-0406.
If you have any questions about the application tool, you may contact technical support at 1-877-974-7437.