New Student Registration


    Introducing New Student Online Registration for 2021-2022 School Year

    If you are a returning student, please go to the returning student registration page here


    Families that will be enrolling new students in the Smithville School District will start the process online.

    The 3 steps to enroll your child are provided below:

    Step 1:  New Student Registration can be completed using an Internet-connected device.  Begin by visiting the SSD student enrollment website.  When arriving here, simply follow the directions to complete the pre-registration application.   A video tutorial is available below that outlines the process from start to finish.

    Step 2:  Gather the following documents needed for online enrollment

    • Student's Birth Certificate
    • Student’s immunization records
    • Proof of residency (utility bill, lease, or real estate contract)

    Step 3:  Once the pre-registration process has been completed, you will receive an email with the subject “Smithville School District New Student Enrollment” to create a Parent PowerSchool Portal Account. Once your Powerschool Parent Portal Account has been created, you will click on Forms from the menu options on the left side of the screen.  Complete each form. 


    Video Tutorial



    Frequently Asked Questions

    Which School will my child attend?

    You can access this information by going to the SSD School Finder and entering your new home address.  

    Students grades 7-8 will attend Smithville Middle School

    Students grades 9-12 will attend Smithville High School


    How can I contact my child's school?

    You can find all the SSD building information list here:

    School Contact Info


    If my student currently attends SSD, do I need to re-enroll each year?

    No.  If they are a current student in the district, they do not need to be re-enrolled.  

    Parents of returning students will complete Returning Student Registration through the Powerschool Parent Portal.  


    What if I don't have any Proof of Residency documents in my name?

    Please contact your child's school to explore other possible options.