Community and parent volunteers are important to Smithville School District. We value their service and the contribution they make to the district's schools. In order to keep our children safe, the district will conduct a screening before any volunteer is placed in a position where he or she may be left alone with a student.
- Print and complete the Volunteer Screening Form.
- Return the completed Volunteer Screening Form to an Administrative Assistant in the building where you will be volunteering or mail the form to the address located at the bottom of this page. The form will be forwarded to the Human Resources Office.
- The Human Resources Office will mail the Volunteer Screening Form to the Missouri State Highway Patrol for a criminal background check.
- The Missouri State Highway Patrol will forward the completed form to the Children's Division of the Missouri Department of Social Services to complete a check against their child abuse and neglect registry.
- The Missouri State Highway Patrol and Children's Division of the Missouri Department of Social Services will return the results to the Human Resources Office.
- The Human Resources Office will notify the Administrative Assistants of the results when the screening process is complete. The process can take up to four weeks to complete.
District employees may decline the service of any volunteer. If you have questions about volunteer screenings, contact Ashley Jones
, Director of Human Resources, at 816-532-0406.