Parents As Teachers (PAT) is a FREE early childhood family education program to assist and support families in preparing their children for success in school and beyond. All families who are expecting a baby or who have a child aged from birth to 5 years old is welcome to participate. Certified parent educators make personal visits monthly focusing on child development and parent-child interactions. Additionally, educators complete a developmental screening annually.
To enroll in PAT, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (816) 532-0406
We are so excited to get the year started! We want all of our families to know that it is our goal to provide visits in a manner that will keep everyone safe and healthy. Keeping this in mind, Parents As Teachers is offering 3 visit options. You can choose any or all of these options.
Option 1: Outdoor Visits:
these visits would take place outside on a deck, in the backyard, or driveway. These visits will probably only be feasible in September, maybe October, and then in late spring.
- Parent educators will arrive wearing a mask and will wear it during the visit unless “social distancing” measures can be achieved.
- Masks for families are optional
- Depending on the activity your parent educator might ask you to provide a blanket or towel for your family to sit on to help the child understand the social distancing boundary
- In the event of inclement weather, the visit may be moved to a virtual visit if the family agrees
Option 2: In-Person Visit at the PAT Office
- Families will enter the office through the playground entrance
- Parent educator will wear a mask during the entire visit
- All family members must wear a mask (children under 2 do not have to wear a mask)
- All surfaces will be sanitized after each visit
Option 3: Virtual Visit
- Visits will be done using Zoom, Google Meet, Facetime or Google Duo
- Parent educator may drop off materials prior to the visit